The JDRF One Night Extravaganza at the Iconic Union Station in LA
For the past sixteen years, I’ve been involved in JDRF, the world's largest nonprofit funder of type 1 diabetes research. JDRF is accelerating life-changing breakthroughs to cure, prevent and treat T1D and its complications. I’m currently serving my second term on the JDRF Board. I joined the cause shortly after my son Tristan, 30, who was fourteen at the time, was diagnosed with type one diabetes. It’s a life-changing event and a scary diagnosis for all.
I know that JDRF is improving the life of not just my son but the lives of millions who are living with this egregious disease.
For that reason, I hope you can join JDRF One Night Extravaganza on April 2 at the iconic Union Station in Los Angeles.
There will be no long speeches, no tables of 10 in a ballroom, and no formal dinner. Instead, the evening’s short program will focus on the meaningful work we all do for the type 1 diabetes community.
O.N.E. will include:
casino gaming • a top-shelf open bar • a surprise performance by special guest entertainer • tasting stations of local LA cuisine • our host, KTLA Morning News Anchor & T1D Dad, Frank Buckley • etch a sketch artist Christoph Brown, The Amazing Etch Man • a premier live, silent & wine auction and more!
Leave the tuxedos and gowns at home. Creative cocktail attire. Comfortable shoes encouraged!
How to be part of the O.N.E.?
- Join us in person. Click here for tickets and sponsorship opportunities. A JDRF room block is available at the JW Marriott.
- Watch the program live from the comfort of your home. Bookmark this page. https://youtu.be/pTM9qjDrY2Y Livestream will start at approx. 7:30 p.m. on April 2nd.
- Whether in person or at home, bid on silent auction items beginning on March 28. Register your credit card here.
- Support Fund A Cure where 100% of your donation goes directly to T1D research. Click here.
- For more information about donating items to the auction please contact Catrina Cooper at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Join the SoCal Fund A Cure Challenge
Several donors have generously offered to match up to $250,000 of any new and increased (from 2021) Fund A Cure gifts at $2,500 and up. Click here to take advantage of this match!
800 N. Alameda Street, Los Angeles