Mr. J’s Burger Pop-Up Coming to Butcher’s House Brasserie
French-born Chef-Owner Jeoffrey Offer is commemorating a decade in the United States with the introduction of his new pop-up venture, Mr. J's Burger. This pop-up concept will focus on American street-style burgers and will make its debut outside his Butcher's House Brasserie in Costa Mesa on Wednesday, November 1.
Hailing from the southern region of France, Offer is widely recognized for his acclaimed brasserie, Butcher's House. Since its opening in December 2021, it has garnered accolades, including being named the '2021 Restaurant of the Year' by Orange Coast Magazine and earning a coveted spot on the Orange County Register's '75 Best Restaurants' list. Offer's pop-up venture, Mr. J's Burger, represents a deliberate departure from his celebrated cuisine du terroir.
"Mr. J's Burger brings to life a concept I've been contemplating for quite some time," Offer shares. "Butcher's House pays homage to my Toulouse roots and has given me the platform to bring other culinary ideas to fruition. Now, as I mark ten years in America, I am thrilled to introduce Mr. J's Burger, a tribute to America's most iconic dish."
Mr. J's Burger will treat diners to a selection of in-house ground street-style burgers crafted with simple, high-quality ingredients. This pop-up will be open on Wednesdays and Thursdays from noon to 2 p.m., exclusively on the Butcher's House patio, offering walk-up and outdoor seating options. The menu boasts a total of six items, including three burger options, a fried chicken sandwich, and two salads:
- Classic J's – 4oz patty, American cheese, iceberg, onion, house sauce
- The No. 2 – 4oz patty, bacon, American cheese, iceberg, sautéed onion, Dijon mayo
- The No. 3 – 4oz patty, bacon, American cheese, pickled onion, garlic herb aioli
- Fried Chicken – pan-fried chicken breast, Scotch bonnet aioli, lettuce slaw
- Wedge – iceberg, bacon, tomato, crouton, blue cheese crumble, blue cheese dressing, hard-boiled egg
- Crispy Chicken Salad – romaine, pan-fried chicken breast, red onion, crouton, cucumber, shaved Parmesan, Dijon dressing
Each burger is available as a single, double, or triple, and guests can complement their meal with a side of fries or chips, as well as a choice of bottled beers and assorted sodas. To celebrate Offer's ten-year milestone in America and the launch of the Mr. J's Burger pop-up, the first ten guests in line will receive a complimentary Classic J's Burger.
3321 Hyland Ave suite d, Costa Mesa.