The Desert WineFest
The Desert WineFest is set to take place at Omni Resorts Rancho Las Palmas on October 28 and 29, offering two days of exquisite wine tasting, culinary delights prepared by local chefs, boutique shopping, and the chance to support the Desert Cancer Foundation. All of this unfolds in the splendid setting of the resort's golf course, allowing guests to mingle in an extraordinary environment.
This unique event, the Desert WineFest, is a genuine celebration of all things related to wine. It features specially curated wines from producers around the world and is introducing a first-time experience on the 5th fairway and 5th and 6th greens of one of Omni's 9-hole executive golf courses. The relaxed outdoor space provides a stunning backdrop for guests to enjoy a blend of fun, exploration, and wine education. Expect to find artisan boutiques, live music, VIP chef appearances, food trucks, games, and more. For beer and cider enthusiasts, there will be specialty craft brews and other libations to sample during the two-day festival.
Attendees will have the opportunity to explore the best of the new season at the Omni. Renowned winemakers and winery owners from both Old and New World wine regions will be present to discuss the various varietals and vintages available for tasting, with over 250 participating labels anticipated. With numerous wine options and activities, CEO Scherr Lillico suggests creating a fun "staycation" atmosphere for the weekend.
The Desert WineFest offers two ticket options: general admission and the VIP Garden on the Terrace. General admission includes entry, a commemorative souvenir cup, unlimited tastings, and access to water, coffee, and the festival experience. VIP Garden on the Terrace is an exclusive experience for just 400 guests and includes small bite-tasting menu items curated by Chef Daniel Villanueva of Daniel's Table Cathedral City and Chef Simon Warren, the executive chef at Rancho Las Palmas. This option also provides tastings from boutique and premium wineries.
Designated driver tickets are available for those who won't be participating in alcohol tastings.
The festival runs from 1 p.m. to 5 p.m. on Saturday and from 12 p.m. to 4 p.m. on Sunday. To minimize congestion, carpooling, ride-sharing services, or public transportation are highly recommended.
Tickets can be purchased at DesertWineFest.com and will also be available at the door, subject to capacity:
- General Admission (at the gate): $100, including entry, a commemorative cup, unlimited wine and craft brew tastings, and festival amenities.
- VIP Garden (at the gate): $140, offering all that general admission does, along with wine tastings from boutique wineries, higher-end wines, appetizers, and seating. A limited number of All Access tickets are available each day. On Saturday, there's early entry at 12 p.m.
- Designated driver tickets: $25, granting access to all festival amenities except alcohol tastings.
- You must be 21 years old to attend (infants are not allowed due to ABC rules).
- Pets are not permitted, but certified service animals are welcome.
- Wineries and breweries have the right to limit alcohol consumption.
Omni Resorts Rancho Las Palmas is at 41000 Bob Hope Dr, Rancho Mirage.