California Fresh Exhibit debuts OC Fair
For the first time ever, The OC Fair debuts the California Fresh Exhibit: Celebrating the Bounty of Our Counties.
This special exhibit is aimed at educating consumers and highlighting the state’s diverse specialty crops.
At the exhibit, you can experience and learn:
- Everything from almonds and strawberries to ornamental plants.
- Play the County Bounty Treasure Hunt augmented reality (AR) game – Discover the state’s varied array of agriculture! Just look for the signs with the California Bear and use the QR code to get started or download the app (Apple or Google)
- Coloring sheet for kids – Dress the California Bear for a trip to the OC Fair! The special app also brings the bear to life and he shares information about the state’s many specialty crops.
- There are recipe cards located throughout the exhibit to help fairgoers discover delicious was to enjoy the bounty of specialty crops available.
- A special map in the center of the exhibit illustrates the diversity of the state’s specialty crops by showcasing each county’s key commodity crop.
- The exhibit will feature chef demonstrations and culinary experts sharing information on the benefits of these healthy and tasty crops grown in the state’s 58 counties, along with preparation tips.
- Michael Marks will demonstrate on stage and introduce the culinary guests on stage. He will discuss the California crops and the benefits of eating healthy.
The goal of the exhibit is to educate consumers about the many benefits of the amazing crops in California, promote healthy eating habits, and teach fairgoers about finding locally sourced produce and more.