Bristol Farms Newfound Market Opens at Irvine Spectrum
An exciting grocery and culinary destination arrive at the Irvine Spectrum Center today. Bristol Farms, Southern California’s leading specialty grocer, is opening its new concept, Bristol Farms Newfound Market. The nearly 34,000 square foot location features seven of its own chef-created restaurant brands, serving craveable dishes made with local and global ingredients. The market features an open, warm, and modern environment designed to bring a unique shopping experience to Orange County.
The grand opening celebration will shine a spotlight on emerging brands and local favorites, with many founders in attendance. Guests will be able to enter giveaways and enjoy sampling throughout the store.
The driving forces behind the innovative menus are Director of Culinary Dennis Horton and restaurant veteran Dan Evon (Stella Barra, Mon Ami Gabi, M Street Kitchen, Café Gratitude, Gracias Madre, Lettuce Entertain You, and more). “Bristol Farms has a special place in the Southern California food landscape, and we are building upon that history,” said Dan Evon, VP of Culinary and General Manager of Bristol Farms Newfound Market. “For example, Chef Yoshi created the first authentic sushi program in a California grocery store in 1984. Today, we have our “sushi robot” in PIKAPIKA and are offering traditional favorites as well as modern takes on poké bowls and sushi. Throughout our deli, hot and cold food bars, elevated food hall, and restaurant, we’ve focused on creating flavorful and memorable dishes that will bring the Bristol Farms experience to life.”
Here’s a taste of Bristol Farms Newfound Market’s elevated food hall and restaurant offerings:
- Horton’s Hot Chicken: An artisan fried chicken shop, serving up regional deep-fried goodness from their black-tea brined Nashville Hot Fried Chicken Sandwich to the Korean Fried Chicken Sandwich with kimchi aioli.
- Rooted Plant-Based Plates: This fast-casual venue offers signature and seasonal vegan dishes with local produce and international flavors. The menu includes their Ocean Bowl with spirulina laced coconut yogurt, Smashed English Pea and Cucumber Guacamole, and Kimchi Fritters.
- Swell Seafood: Inspired by seafood shacks along Pacific Coast Highway, Swell takes casual beachside food and gives it a global twist. Peruvian ceviche, lobster rolls, fresh fish tacos and tater tots topped with crème Fraiche and caviar continue the elevated road trip vibe.
- PIKAPIKA: Modern meets traditional as sushi chefs transform the freshest seafood into innovative rolls and bowls. Standouts include Chimichurri Grilled Shrimp Roll and Kung Pao Pastrami Bowl.
- goodgreens: BYO and Signature Salads like their Giddyup Cowboy, a grilled flatiron steak salad with Point Reyes blue cheese dressing, make healthy, flavorful, and environmentally sustainable food easily accessible.
- Heart & Hand: A European-inspired café with an outdoor patio and fire pit, serving La Colombe coffee and showcasing the craft of a true barista experience, along with smoothies, fresh-pressed organic juices, acai bowls, shake bombs featuring Straus Creamery and Oatly soft serves, and brunch fare.
- Viaggio Pizzeria: A full-service restaurant with outdoor seating offers seasonal menus featuring artisanal pizzas & pasta, craft cocktails, and a curated wine and beer list. Wood-fired pizzas are made with Cairnspring Mills Edison & Glacier Peak stone-milled flours (fermented in-house for at least 36 hours), handmade pasta, and Gramma’s meatballs. For full menu and to make reservations through OpenTable, visit viaggiopizzeria.com.
Many of the menu items will be available for delivery on DoorDash.
On the Bristol Farms Newfound Market grocery side, the new market offers a unique selection of local and international products, a strong emphasis on local and organic produce, more than 350 varieties of cheese, thousands of natural and organic items, full-service seafood and meat counters (with a dry-aged cooler), hot & cold food bars and an onsite kitchen, BBQ sandwich menu (with in-house smoker and rotisserie), a large assortment of ready to eat meals, natural living and housewares departments, a fresh bakery including “The Cookie” (their decadent Belgian chocolate chip cookie served warm), catering services, an impressive selection of premium wine, spirits, and craft beers, and a vibrant floral department.
Open 7 a.m. to 10 p.m. daily.
700 Spectrum Center Drive Suite 50, in Irvine.