VIEW Restaurant & Lounge Launches Sunday Brunch
VIEW Restaurant & Lounge at the recently debuted VEA Newport Beach—which is coming up on its one-year anniversary in June—announces the launch of its weekly Sunday brunch, with a curated menu of champagne specials and new cocktail creations paired with breakfast and lunch favorites, served from 11 a.m. - 5 p.m.
VIEW is a spacious, all-day restaurant and lounge that sits at the heart of the hotel, connected to a lanai with fire pits by collapsible glass doors that seamlessly blend indoors and out. Featuring coastal Californian cuisine with a cosmopolitan perspective, VIEW welcomes guests to enjoy cozy but elegant seating with an unbeatable golf course and ocean views.
Bringing more than 20 years of culinary experience (including Ojai Valley Inn & Spa, Gramercy Tavern and Rihga Royal Hotel in New York City, and most recently the Portland Marriott Downtown Waterfront) to VEA Newport Beach, Executive Chef Andrew Arndt—a California Culinary Academy graduate—offers approachable, yet elevated menus that focus on seasonality and innovation. “Every aspect of a meal at VIEW was designed to create memorable moments, and I’m excited to continue that offering with our new Sunday brunch,” shares Arndt. “Being in Southern California has been a source of inspiration, and I value being able to utilize local purveyors to show guests and travelers what our region has to offer.”
To pair with Chef Arndt’s cuisine, Beverage Director Emraan Jawaid has compiled a brunch beverage menu to celebrate the weekend. The selection introduces a handful of champagne bottle specials (Mionetto Prosecco for $35, Faire La Fete Rose for $50, Taittinger for $70, and Veuve Clicquot for $125), in addition to a few new cocktail creations, including:
- French 75 with gin, fresh squeezed lemon, simple syrup, strawberry puree, and champagne
- Bloody Mary with vodka, house mix, and charcuterie
- Raspberry Mule with vodka, lime, framboise, and ginger beer
- Good Morning Newport with tequila blanco, grapefruit, simple syrup, Campari, and Firestone 805
- Red Sangria with garnacha, brandy, and fresh squeezed orange juice
On the food side, Chef Arndt’s brunch offerings range from small plates and salads to large plates and sushi, with highlights including:
- Lost Coast Farms Burger Royale with za’atar charred onions, tomato, white cheddar, baharat aioli, and a brioche bun
- Lobster Roll with mayo, lemon, butter leaf, on a brioche roll
- Fried Chicken & Waffles with honey truffle butter
- Egg White Frittata with asparagus and farro
- Short Rib Breakfast Potatoes with braised greens, poached egg, and red pepper hollandaise
- Buttermilk French Toast with strawberry rhubarb compote
- Smoked Salmon with creme fresh, crepes, and caviar
VIEW’s brunch is offered every Sunday from 11 a.m. - 5 p.m. For more information and to book reservations call 949-640-4000.
900 Newport Center Drive in Newport Beach.
Image Courtesy of VEA Newport Beach