La Casa del Camino’s Comedor Offers California-Inspired Prix Fixe Menus For Christmas & New Year’s Eve!
Laguna Beach’s La Casa del Camino hotel, Comedor is welcoming guests to enjoy a coastal holiday feast on Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, and New Year’s Eve. Executive Chef, Glen Tinsley, has crafted three prix fixe menus inspired by the season and featuring California-coastal cuisine.
On Christmas Eve, guests can enjoy Comedor’s version of the Fish of the Seven Seas Dinner. The Cioppino dish features crab, lobster, shrimp, scallops, mussels, clams, and assorted fish, in a white wine tomato broth with herbs and extra virgin olive oil, and is served with grilled bread for $65 per person.
On Christmas Day, Chef Glen’s 5-Course Prix Fixe Dinner is offered for $90 per person and includes:
- Porcini-Dusted Seared Cortez Scallops (spiced carrot puree, chicken jus, chili oil, roasted maitake mushrooms)
- Roasted Beets and Burrata (pistachios, arugula, ciabatta toast, pistachio oil)
- Duck Confit Fried Rice (shitake, farm egg, snow peas, wasabi dashi broth, gochujang)
- Seared Rack of Domestic Lamb (goat cheese polenta, orange honey glazed carrots, turmeric yogurt, mint jus)
- Taste of Winter (citrus curd, mixed berries, Marcona almond honeycomb, rhubarb syrup, mint)
On New Year’s Eve, Chef Glen has created another 5-Course Dinner ($150 per person) for guests looking to ring in the New Year over coastal cuisine. The menu includes:
- Amuse Bouche (Lady Edison country ham, organic pear, rogue river smokey blue, hazelnut pesto
- Option of Roasted Winter Squash, Wild Mushroom Risotto (idiazabal cheese & black truffle) or Crispy Octopus Paella (clams, squid ink bomba rice, chorizo, pine nut chermoula)
- Option of Harissa Roasted Prawns (forbidden rice, turmeric yogurt, pistachio, pistachio oil) or Dungeness Crab and Winter Citrus (avocado, arugula, roasted Meyer lemon vinaigrette)
- Option of Maine Lobster Fra Diavolo (spaghettoni, lobster sauce, citrus herb gremolata, American caviar) or American Red Tops from Kobe New York (Truffle bordelaise, au gratin potato, bone marrow, asparagus)
- Option of Winter Citrus Tart (ginger spiced short dough, champagne gelee, fresh berries, mandarin-mint syrup) or Bulleit Bourbon Bread Pudding (smoked chocolate, dried cherries, grand Marnier créme Anglaise).
Comedor has everything guests need for a luxurious, coastal holiday to end 2022. The restaurant will be open at 5 pm on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day with 2 seating options between 4 pm - 6 pm & 7 pm - 9 pm on New Year’s Eve. Reservations are highly recommended and can be made at www.resy.com/comedorlaguna.