Inaugural Long Beach Burger Week
Long Beach residents and visitors alike are in for a treat as dozens of local restaurants and food retailers will offer unique over-the-top Burgers and value-priced Burger Offers when the inaugural Long Beach Burger Week just launched through August 8.
Organized by local non-profit Long Beach Food & Beverage and thanks to a generous grant from the City of Long Beach, executive director Terri Henry, who brought the original restaurant week to Long Beach with partners in 2014, felt that in addition to encouraging local and surrounding "foodies” to enjoy what the expanding Long Beach culinary community has to offer, events like Burger Week support the local economy of valued restaurants.
Featured Burgers are value-priced at $5, $10, $15 and $20. A few of the more unique over-the-top burger offers to include:
- The Risu - Shrimp Burger
- Fresh Kabobs - Kabob Burger
- The Crooked Duck - Burger Topped with Fritos and Chili
- Hungry Angelina - Vegan Patty Melt
- Polly’s Pies - Waffle Burger
- Little Brass Café - Cholula Smoked Gouda Breakfast “Burger”
- Long Beach Tap House - Truffle Shuffle Burger
- Komo’s Concina - Mexican Burger with Beef/Chorizo mix patty
- Derrick’s on Atlantic - Brunch Burger with Tater Tots
- V-Burger - Vegan patty topped with vegan mac & cheese
- Pin-up Kitchen - Burger shaped CAKES
- Many other burger offers are available
Like the past few restaurant weeks, Burger Week is even taking “dog-friendly” one step further by encouraging restaurants with patios to offer a special Burger Week Menu just for dogs!
There are no tickets or passes to purchase. Burger lovers are invited to dine-in, take-out or have featured delivered from their favorite restaurants, or order from the websites of various pop-ups or home cottage businesses for pick-up. Participating restaurants, food businesses, and offers can be found at BurgerWeekLB.com. All special offers will be online by July 15th.